Monday, February 18, 2008

third post - where the author apologizes for insuting bloggers

I post this blog without even reading the blog that came before it where I sound a bit bitter and trash the blogging process - in a blog. I realize the irony. The first two posts were just to get it started I have tried this in the past and found that I took the whole thing too seriously so here I am just going to put things down with as little editing as possible. I find that if I try and edit it to make it sound good I spend more time picking it apart and just end up giving up. So I pledge to just do a quick reread and correct some of the glaring spelling mistakes. Having just typed that sentence I already broke my pledge and went back and started editing the damn thing. Now I come to the crux of my dilemma as a writer I can never find anything that seems like a good enough topic to write about. I read a good book yesterday - literally all in the same day, which is odd because it was over 300 pages. I don't really want to talk about it too much but it was really sad and not at all what I thought it was going to be. It is called The Kite Runner - they made it into a movie.
I just erased the text that was here because my internal editor would not permit me to post a bunch of crap self-pitying crap about how I feel - maybe next time. So in conclusion, I read a book and it was good.

No comments: